Of nine bills I introduced in the House this year, five have become law – all of these five passed with strong bipartisan support. That’s a pretty good record for a first-year legislator in a minority party. I attribute my legislative success to the fact that I tried to keep an open mind and work across […]
As many of you know, one of my main goals this year was to pass major Restorative Justice legislation, to potentially transform the criminal justice system. On the final day of session, HB-1032 passed the final legislative hurdle when the House concurred with the Senate’s amendments and passed the bill. The bill could help break […]
- Resolution in Opposition to Executive Order Banning Refugees
- PBS News Hour: States consider restorative justice as alternative to mass incarceration
- Colorado Springs Business Journal: Businesses benefit from General Assembly bills
- Gazette: Juvenile solitary confinement bill, partly inspired by Gazette reporting, headed to governor’s desk
- Colorado Springs Independent: Could limiting solitary for juveniles heal Spring Creek?