Last Saturday, September 15th, 2012, I joined 5,000 people from all over the country for the Fallen Fire Fighter Memorial Observance at Memorial Park. With Pikes Peak Avenue packed with scores of fire trucks from all over, International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) President Harold A. Schaitberger described the unique bond among fire fighters, characterized by […]
Thomas Jefferson said that the preservation of a democratic society depends on an educated electorate. By these measures, we are facing a crisis. With one third of our kids dropping out of high school, equally dismal graduation rates and fewer going to college than in the baby boomer generation, we need to make changes. To […]
- Gazette: Juvenile solitary confinement bill, partly inspired by Gazette reporting, headed to governor’s desk
- Colorado Springs Independent: Could limiting solitary for juveniles heal Spring Creek?
- Guest Commentary: Colorado making progress on parole reform
- Guest Commentary: Strict Limits on Solitary for Juveniles
- Hick Signs Lee Bill Giving In-State Tuition to CO Veterans